Poem for a nonexistent poem
(originalmente escrito em inglês)

I would like to write a poem that talks about love.
A poem full of rhyme and rhythm,
A poem that makes us cry candid tears.
I would like to write a poem that speaks to men
About the beauty of life and the urgency of peace.
A poem that inspires a child to open his frank smile,
That warms up the heart of concerned mothers,
And brings hope for despairing people.
I want to make a poem that provokes emotion in insensitive people.
A poem of pure Philosophy and reflection
And at the same time with no commitment,
Just to play with the words.
I want to write an exposure-poem,
That calls pleople's attention to the injustice of the world.
Could you imagine if I create an ecological-poem
That saves nature?
I should make a poem that talks with God.
A God with no religion, a friend God, an ecumenical God.
I want to make a poem that is read by everybody, in the whole world,
At the same time and all together in one voice.
A poem without languages or frontiers, an universal poem.
I want to do a poem like those that I used to do times ago,
Talking about things from the soul.
But I guess I do not know how to make a poem like those any more.
Actually, I do not know how to write a poem at all.
It could be a poem of poor rhyme and no rhythm.
It could be a little poem, tiny, even simple, but mine.
If I still knew how to write a poem...
If I knew it...
I certainly would write it...

@1997 vaniaamadeu (USA)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário